No Products in the Cart
Magnet Dimensions: 2" x 5"
About Fort Pickering Lighthouse
Fort Pickering Light was constructed in 1871 a few feet offshore of Winter Island. Built of brick and iron and originally painted red, its flashing white light guided mariners into Salem Harbor for nearly a century before going dark in 1969. The light soon fell into disrepair. Through the advocacy of the Fort Pickering Light Assocation, the lighthouse was refurbished and relighted in 1983 with additional repairs completed in 1999 through federal grant dollars.
Fort Pickering Light continues to welcome all into Salem Harbor, and is a favorite backdrop and photo op of residents and visitors.